Ronald J. Semler, Shareholder
Mr. Semler worked in several positions for the State of Indiana, including terms as Deputy Attorney General, Director of the Legal and Internal Affairs Section of the Indiana Department of Correction, and in the Legal Division of the Indiana Department of Education. As a Deputy Attorney General, he represented a variety of state officers and agencies in matters in litigation, including the Governor, the Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Secretary of State, the Department of Correction and the State Police.
In 1993, Mr. Semler joined the Stephenson law firm and has represented a variety of counties, cities, towns, schools and other governmental entities in a wide variety of litigation.
B.S. Ball State University, magna cum laude, 1974
J.S. Indiana University at Indianapolis, cum laude, 1978
State of Indiana Supreme Court
Southern District of Indiana
Northern District of Indiana
Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Sagamore of the Wabash (1988)
- Suarez v. Town of Ogden Dunes, 581 F.3d 591 (7th Cir. 2009)
- Hafhill v. Northeast School Corp., 472 F.3d 496 (7th Cir. 2006)
- Kupstas v. City of Greenwood, 398 F.3d 609 (7th Cir. 2005)
- Harris v. Warrick County Sheriff’s Department, 666 F.3d 444 (7th Cir. 2012)
- Mr. Semler is a registered member of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Indianapolis and a former president of the parish council.